Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Picture Says...

Givenchy. Haute Couture.
Those three words are enough to give me cold sweats. Those three words make me want to dump my Mastercard into the hands of a sales associate for just one piece.
I often find the Haute Couture collections beautiful but painfully impractical and utterly unobtainable.
But this Givenchy Haute Couture skirt by Ricardo Tisci makes my credit card (and heart) go pitter patter. I love the richness of the black; the way that the waistline curves around the hips. I like the fact that the zipper pulls are works of art and not pieces of metal engraved with some obscure company's initials. Anyone can do a contrasting lining, but who does a lining like this? You get the sense that the inside of this skirt is as beautiful as the outside. (Very few things irk me as much as when the inside or back of a garment is neglected like a red-headed stepchild.) I spend 50% of my life arriving and 50% of it leaving. I'd like to look good both ways.

And so here is to fashion. And art. And dreaming...

(Photo by Karim Sadli in Elle June 2012, Page 286).

No comments:

Post a Comment